[bioontology-support] Error sending mail

Michael Dorf mdorf at stanford.edu
Wed Oct 12 14:34:54 PDT 2016

Hi Guadalupe,

I am pretty sure when you use Gmail SMTP, you need to specify your username and password in the config file. Also, I believe that you should set the port to 465 (SSL) when using smtp.gmail.com<http://smtp.gmail.com> SMTP server. Please refer to this doc:

https://support.google.com/a/answer/176600?hl=es

Another thing that I recollect for having to deal with a Gmail SMTP configuration is that in your email address (the one you are using to send the emails from), you need to "allow less secure apps to access your account". Here are the instructions on that:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=es

Hope this helps. If you continue having issues with this, please send the actual error recorded in your VM's server logs. "We're sorry but something has gone wrong..." is a generic error that's displayed in the user interface. The REAL error should be recorded in the log.

Thanks!

Michael