[bioontology-support] NIF Ontology on bioportal has some weirdness

Tom Gillespie tom.h.gillespie at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 12:55:55 PDT 2016

Hi Vance,
    The version of nif in bioportal is extremely old and outdated. I'm
trying to get a 3.0 release of NIF out in time for SfN in mid-November. We
are in the process of transitioning our species/taxonomy portion to use
NCBI Taxonomy identifiers from the taxslim
<https://github.com/obophenotype/ncbitaxon> provided by obo. You can see
development version of nifstd here:
https://github.com/SciCrunch/NIF-Ontology/blob/master/ttl/nif.ttl. There
are a number of things in flux, and if you have a list of issues that you
are encountering please let me know so that I can fix them, or submit them
to the github bug tracker <https://github.com/SciCrunch/NIF-Ontology/issues>
for nifstd. Thanks!
Tom