[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Christoph Wohner

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Mon Oct 17 14:29:13 PDT 2016

Hello Christoph,

On Oct 10, 2016, at 1:38 AM, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:

Name: Christoph Wohner

Email: christoph.wohner at umweltbundesamt.at<mailto:christoph.wohner at umweltbundesamt.at>

Location: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/recommender

Feedback:

Hi,

my name is Christoph Wohner and I work the Environment Agency Austria. I currently doing some research on Ontology Lookup Service and stumbled across the Bioportal. I am interested in the data model you are using. I couldn't find any documentation on that and would like to ask you for some material.

Apologies, but I’m not exactly sure what sort of information you’re looking for.  BioPortal accepts ontology uploads in OWL, OBO, or RDF format, and loads them into a triplestore.  We offer a REST API for accessing the resulting ontology data.  The code for the REST API is open source and available in GitHub:

https://github.com/ncbo/ontologies_api

If you’re interested in looking at the model layer that sits between the API and the triplestore, that code is also available in GitHub:

https://github.com/ncbo/ontologies_linked_data

In particular, you might be interested in the models package:

https://github.com/ncbo/ontologies_linked_data/tree/master/lib/ontologies_linked_data/models

Is any of this helpful?  Or, were you asking for some other kind of information?