[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from muhammad amith

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Wed Oct 19 13:52:06 PDT 2016

Hello Muhammad,

There is no trivial way to get a data dump of all the ontologies. BioPortal's API access let's you access the ontologies in their original format, which may not always be RDF or OWL.

Of course some ontologies are private, so you would not have access to them.

As I recall, there is software written that may go a long way toward what you want -- it was mentioned on the list about a year ago. I don't have time to look for the post now, but maybe someone can save me and come up with a reference.

John