[bioontology-support] local installation

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Mon Oct 24 11:09:32 PDT 2016

Hello Sean,

BioPortal is available as a virtual appliance for organizations that require local installations [1].  The virtual appliance includes the Annotator functionality you mention below.  So, you’d need to download the appliance, and populate it with the set of ontologies that you’d like to annotate against.

If you’d like to use the virtual appliance, please contact our program manager John Graybeal (cc’ed) for access, with the following information:

- Your BioPortal account user name (if you need one go to http://bioportal.bioontology.org/accounts/new)
- A one to two sentence description of your project

[1] https://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/Category:NCBO_Virtual_Appliance