[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Susan Turner

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Thu Sep 1 17:33:20 PDT 2016

Hi Susan,

MedDRA was imported into BioPortal from the UMLS 2015AB release.  According to the UMLS website, release 2015AB contains MedDRA version MDR18_0 [1].

We’re currently working on importing the UMLS 2016AA release, which should be available on our site in the next couple of weeks.  The 2016AA release will contain MedDRA version MDR18_1 (according to this page [2]).

Best,
Jennifer

[1] https://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/sourcereleasedocs/current/MDR/metadata.html
[2] https://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls//knowledge_sources/metathesaurus/release/updated_sources.html