[bioontology-support] problem using APIKEY

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Fri Sep 2 11:45:58 PDT 2016

Hello Alireza,

On Sep 1, 2016, at 9:41 AM, Alireza A <alireza08 at gmail.com<mailto:alireza08 at gmail.com>> wrote:

Thank you for your great website and services. I have registered at the website but when I use the APIkey that is provided in my page, I get the error "error 401, unauthorized".
I am trying to use the Annotator service using C# and VS2012.
I found some sample code in a weblog, but I am not sure about it. Do you have any sample code to be used in C# or VB?

Sorry no, we only have example code for Java, Ruby, PHP, and Python here:

https://github.com/ncbo/ncbo_rest_sample_code

Regarding your API key, have you tried using it outside of your C# program?  For example, can you issue a simple CURL command from the command line, e.g.:

➜  ~ curl -i -H "Accept: application/json" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X GET http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/BRO\?apikey\=“your-api-key-here”

If this succeeds, it would help narrow down if the problem is with the API key, or with your program code.

Best,