[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from RedcapICar

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Sat Sep 17 07:55:11 PDT 2016

Hi Isabelle,

I looked at your ontology summary page.  The reason your submissions are listed with a status of “Error Rdf” is that you’ve uploaded your ontology source file in a format that BioPortal doesn’t handle (a CSV fie).  The only ontology formats BioPortal accepts are OWL, RDF, or OBO.  So, you would need to convert your ontology to one of these formats before doing another upload.

There are a number of ways you could do such a conversion.  You may want to look at the WebProtege ontology editing application [1].  If I remember correctly, they have a plugin that allows for importing CSV files in order to create an OWL ontology.  You could ask about it on their support forum [2].

Best,
Jennifer

[1] http://webprotege.stanford.edu