[bioontology-support] Running ncbo_ontology_process

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Tue Sep 20 07:48:02 PDT 2016

Hi Vincent,

The first thing I would check is whether all the target directories (including any temporary directories) are write-enabled. It is possible one of them got changed to read-only somehow.  (Alternatively, maybe the target directory for that ontology in particular is not what you'd expect and doesn't have write permissions, because the ontology itself is in an unusual place.)

Sorry that I can't give you a list of the directories to which BioPortal writes during this process, but an inspection of a previous log could reveal that fairly easily, with luck.  Would be nice if that got reported in the error log (you might look for it in the log above where the error is reported).

John