[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Aref Eshghi

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Mon Apr 3 12:17:30 PDT 2017

Hello Aref,

On Apr 3, 2017, at 1:28 AM, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:

Name: Aref Eshghi

Email: arefe at student.unimelb.edu.au<mailto:arefe at student.unimelb.edu.au>

Location: http://sparql.bioontology.org/

Feedback:

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I wanted to know where I can find URIs for ontologies (e.g. NIFSTD) on bioportal for using them within the BioPortal endpoint?

Ontologies are referenced by their acronym, e.g.:

http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/NIFSTD

In other words, the base URL is always the same, followed by the ontology acronym as the last fragment.  Ontology acronyms are always listed in the Details pane on the ontology summary pages.

Incidentally, the BioPortal SPARQL endpoint is a beta service with outdated data.  For the most current ontology data, I suggest using our REST API (documented here: http://data.bioontology.org/documentation).