[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Aref Eshghi

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 12 17:16:05 PDT 2017

Hello Aref,

> On Apr 9, 2017, at 4:37 AM, Aref Eshghi <arefe at student.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
>
> Dear Jennifer,
>
> I looked at the REST API and it seems the API is not very useful for my project, since I a working on translating and optimizing SPARQL queries.
>
> Is the NIFSTD on BioPortal query endpoint just outdated or is it not loaded anymore? Because I ran 2 queries which did not retrieve any results. I want to know if queries were wrong or they did not retrieve results since the ontology was not loaded.

We published the BioPortal SPARQL endpoint as a beta service a few years ago, but due to the small size of our staff we haven’t been able to devote much time to it.  I don’t know off the top of my head if NIFSTD is available via the endpoint.  I’ve entered an issue in our tracker to follow up on this:

https://github.com/ncbo/bioportal-project/issues/18

… but it may be a little while before we can get to it.