[bioontology-support] Api key and Bioportal using

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 18 09:04:42 PDT 2017

Hello Franck,

On Apr 18, 2017, at 8:40 AM, Franck Giacomoni <franck.giacomoni at inra.fr<mailto:franck.giacomoni at inra.fr>> wrote:

I’m working in an academic team and in charge of the building of a metabolomics database.
We want to develop a system to define biological samples linked with their analytical fingerprints. I like the Bioportal.org<http://bioportal.org/> project and know your resource. So, we decide to use it as a reference for us.

Our software will use your REST API to search terms in different ontologies and proposes them for the scientist to building a complex definition of his sample (including species, interaction, sample preparation data…) I saw on the first page of the API documentation that we need to use a API KEY. So my question is: how can I request such credentials

Instructions for getting an API key are available on our wiki:

https://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/BioPortal_Help#Getting_an_API_key

and what are the general condition of use?

BioPortal is open source and freely available under the 2-Clause BSD license:

https://opensource.org/licenses/BSD-2-Clause