[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from ligusd

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 2 13:23:59 PDT 2017

Hello David,

On Aug 2, 2017, at 4:31 AM, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:

Name: ligusd

Email: david.ligus at uzis.cz<mailto:david.ligus at uzis.cz>

Location: http%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org<http://2Fbioportal.bioontology.org>%2Fontologies%2FMKN_10_TEST%3Fp%3Dsummary

Feedback:

Dear Sir/Madam

I am experiencing a problem with ontology. On our institution UZIS (www.uzis.cz<http://www.uzis.cz>) we are looking for method of questionnaire, which would be used to get health and medical information from Hospitals, etc. In order to do it we are using system called REDCap. It's possible to use an ontology (for example like ICD-10) in this system in various questions.

Sadly on bioportal site is only the English language ones and we need to have ontology in Czech language.
So and the problem is:

We created an ontology of ICD-10 in Czech, uploaded it and tried to use, but there are no whisperer, which is in English version. So I am asking for a help in this topic, because i can see the ontology, it's possible even to use it, but when i type something in the field in REDCap questionnaire, there is nothing. So do I need to set up something correctly in ontology or how is it possible to get our ontology into the system? Here on bioportal it is under the name MKN_10_test. Out ontology is basically a 1 CSV or excel file, so I am asking for a help.

In our BioPortal application, I see this ontology entry:

http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/MKN

However, it has no ontology file submission associated with it. I also found this ontology entry:

http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/MKN10

The ontology file that was uploaded here is a small text file. BioPortal is an online repository for ontologies in OWL, OBO, or SKOS format. We’re unable to handle CSV or Excel files. You might consider looking at the WebProtege or Protege ontology editing environments, which I believe have some kind of facility for importing Excel spreadsheets, and converting to other ontology formats. For help with getting more information on that, I suggest contacting the developers via their support list [1].

[1] http://protege.stanford.edu/support.php