Search Mailing List Archives
[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from tomc
jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Sun Aug 6 16:31:29 PDT 2017
Thank you for your input, appreciate your taking the time.
1) Yes!. It is a good point that we should make the site exclusively https, and I see there are indeed places that really need it. We'll take care of this, thanks for pointing it out. (I know in one or two cases we came across a library that isn't compatible, but we need to see if we can carve out an exception for those cases, if any remain.)
2) Where are you seeing the recapture that breaks? I was just able to successfully submit feedback with and without https protocol, at least from Chrome.
3) We agree, and BioPortal is working correctly in this particular case. Under normal operations, the portal reports "page not found" to a URL like http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/BUNNYFOOFOO. When you are seeing a 500 error, that is an actual server error, for example because too many requests are pending. Often performing a reload (sometimes after clearing your cache) will fix this. While we have seen other cases where we are returning 500 errors inappropriately, I believe we have fixed all that we've seen. We'll continue to watch for those specific situations.
On Aug 4, 2017, at 1:30 PM, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:
Email: Tom.Conlin at gmail.com<mailto:Tom.Conlin at gmail.com>
1) You are not using httpS even where you really need to.
2) The recaptcha is broken in secure browsers so one
can't create account or feedback (possibly related to #1)
I had to create this account with a browser I never use
3) in http "page not found" is a 400 level error not a 500 (server error)
thanks and sorry to be terse, must keep moving
bioontology-support mailing list
bioontology-support at lists.stanford.edu<mailto:bioontology-support at lists.stanford.edu>
Technical Program Manager
Center for Expanded Data Annotation and Retrieval /+/ NCBO BioPortal
Stanford Center for Biomedical Informatics Research
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the bioontology-support