[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Ben Griffin

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 9 16:48:36 PDT 2017

Hi Ben,

On Aug 9, 2017, at 1:45 AM, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:

Name: Ben Griffin

Email: ben at redsnapper.net<mailto:ben at redsnapper.net>

Location: http%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org<http://2Fbioportal.bioontology.org>%2Fontologies%2FCTO

Feedback:

am grateful to you for the provision of the CT Ontology as found at
http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/CTO/?p=summary

I am wondering if there are further classes available,

When end users submit an ontology file to BIoPortal, all classes in the ontology are parsed and made available in the user interface (assuming no parsing issues occur). I’m not aware of any additional classes in CTO that aren’t displayed in our UI.

or being considered for the roles being played by those who participate in a CT: - such as clinicians, healthcare providers, GPs, additional carers, and so on?

This support list is mainly for questions or issue reports with regard to the BioPortal software. If you’re interested in extending CTO, I suggest you try contacting the ontology author - it appears that his contact information is available on the summary page for CTO.