[bioontology-support] Keywords to describe ontologies on Bioportal

Schober, Daniel dschober at ipb-halle.de
Thu Aug 10 06:07:13 PDT 2017

Dear Bioportal Folks,

  I have tried to annotate my the new NMR CV submission at

http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/NMR

with appropriate keyword descriptors and was not really able to find the
ones needed in the dropdown list. I would therefore request the
following new keywords to be added:

*assaying technology * (e.g. Mass Spec, NMR, imaging, ...)

*metabolomics* ( a domain as is genomics  and transcriptomics)

I would remove the '*other*' Descriptor as it tempts users to be shallow
in their annotation...

Cheers,

   Daniel Schober.

--

Dr. Daniel Schober
Senior Ontologist, Data manager

Leibniz Institute of Plant Biochemistry, http://www.IPB-Halle.de
Dept. for Stress and Developmental Biology Bioinformatics & Mass Spectrometry
Weinberg 3 Tel. +49 (0) 345 5582 - 1476
06120 Halle