[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from saucap

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Fri Aug 11 17:15:37 PDT 2017

Hi Neilson,

On Aug 10, 2017, at 9:26 PM, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:

Name: saucap

Email: gr.nhppd at health.wa.gov.au<mailto:gr.nhppd at health.wa.gov.au>

Location: https%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org<http://2Fbioportal.bioontology.org>%2Faccount

Feedback:

Hi,
I signed up but made an error in the email address so have not received a confirmation email. I have now created a new account with the correct email address but still haven't received a confirmation email. The details of the two accounts are:

One to be kept: saucap, email address gr.nhppd at health.wa.gov.au<mailto:gr.nhppd at health.wa.gov.au>

One to delete: Sau_redcap, email address originally gr.nhppd.health.gov.wa.au but changed to gr.nhppd at health.wa.gov.au<mailto:gr.nhppd at health.wa.gov.au>

OK - I deleted Sau_redcap from our system.

Do I take it that the API key will not work until I've responded to the confirmation email?

Your account was successfully created and you shouldn’t have any trouble using your API key. (I tested the account creation process, as well as using a newly created API key). The part that isn’t working is the process that initiates a subscription of your email address to the BioPortal announcements email list. I’ve entered an issue for this in our tracker [1]. If you’d like to subscribe to either our announcement list or our support list, you’ll need to do so manually via these URLs:

Apologies for the inconvenience.

[1] https://github.com/ncbo/bioportal_web_ui/issues/60