[bioontology-support] Keywords to describe ontologies on Bioportal

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Fri Aug 11 17:22:30 PDT 2017

Hi Daniel,

Are you referring to the ability to associate your ontology entry with categories, as in this screen shot:

[cid:BFA735CB-9281-4FBF-AFE6-B18BCE30FDB5 at stanford.edu]

?

On Aug 10, 2017, at 6:07 AM, Schober, Daniel <dschober at ipb-halle.de<mailto:dschober at ipb-halle.de>> wrote:

Dear Bioportal Folks,

 I have tried to annotate my the new NMR CV submission at

http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/NMR

with appropriate keyword descriptors and was not really able to find the ones needed in the dropdown list. I would therefore request the following new keywords to be added:

assaying technology  (e.g. Mass Spec, NMR, imaging, ...)

metabolomics ( a domain as is genomics  and transcriptomics)

I would remove the 'other' Descriptor as it tempts users to be shallow in their annotation...

Cheers,

  Daniel Schober.

--

Dr. Daniel Schober
Senior Ontologist, Data manager

Leibniz Institute of Plant Biochemistry, http://www.IPB-Halle.de<http://www.ipb-halle.de/>
Dept. for Stress and Developmental Biology Bioinformatics & Mass Spectrometry
Weinberg 3 Tel. +49 (0) 345 5582 - 1476
06120 Halle