[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from nlorimer

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 29 10:42:12 PDT 2017

Hi Nancy,

On Aug 28, 2017, at 9:40 PM, Nancy Lorimer <nlorimer at stanford.edu<mailto:nlorimer at stanford.edu>> wrote:

Huh, it just took a really long time, and I seem to have pulled in the BF base as well, which I didn't quite want. Comes from using the Protege file, I guess.

BIBFRAME is pulled in due to the import statement on line 22 of your ontology source file. Here’s a link to the exact line in the version in GitHub:

https://github.com/LD4P/PerformedMusicOntology/blob/master/PerformedMusicOntology.owl#L22

On Github, it is at https://github.com/LD4P/PerformedMusicOntology/blob/master/PerformedMusicOntology.owl. Would I use that URL?

There is one additional step you need to take to get the correct URL. On the page that you reference above, click the “Raw” button to navigate to the raw ontology source file. The resulting URL in the browser window is the one you use, i.e.:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/LD4P/PerformedMusicOntology/master/PerformedMusicOntology.owl

Notice that the URL begins with “raw.githubusercontent.com<http://raw.githubusercontent.com>”.

I created a new submission on your behalf and entered this URL as the pull location. The new submission is fully parsed and available to view in BioPortal. Your pull URL will be checked nightly for new versions.