[bioontology-support] [bioportal-announce] BioPortal Version 5.0.0 Released

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Mon Feb 6 18:45:13 PST 2017

All,

We are pleased to announce the latest release of BioPortal, version 5.0.0! This release rewrites the BioPortal user interface to make it more responsive, extensible, easy to use and navigate, and compatible with mobile platforms.

This release represents an overhaul of our user interface, using bootstrap as the front-end framework to enable immediate and longer-term improvements. You will see many of those enhancements in coming months. Since the October 2016 release, we have also made a number of minor changes, mostly under the hood, and recently added a few significant features to the Recommender. Release Notes will be added shortly for those changes.

Please Note: Although we are aware of some bugs that have surfaced since the transition, so far they have been relatively minor and can be worked around by re-sizing the page or changing tabs. We thought the new interface was a large enough improvement that you would want to start using it right away. Rest assured, we will be working to squash those bugs in the next few days, so please bear with us for this brief period.

Please see https://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/BioPortal_Release_Notes for more detailed information about these changes.

John

John Graybeal
Technical Program Manager