[bioontology-support] HttpException: 403 when quering biontology endpoint with Http POST

Simona Colucci simona.colucci at poliba.it
Wed Feb 8 03:07:26 PST 2017

Hello,
I am getting problems when quering  the service "
http://sparql.bioontology.org/sparql" through a java application I am
coding.
I set the apikey and the endpoint regularly answers my queries if their
length is such that a HTTP  get is still allowed.

The problems start when ah HTTP Post is required by the length of the query.
In this case, the method execSelect() calls execGet(), which in turn
reverts to execPost(), due to the length of the query.

By debugging my code, it looks like the  the access to the service is
forbidden to execPost() (actually, to the  method exec() in the class
HTTPOp
https://www.google.it/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiSl-PYrIDSAhVBthoKHQRyDYIQFggcMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fjena.apache.org%2Fdocumentation%2Fjavadoc%2Farq%2Forg%2Fapache%2Fjena%2Friot%2Fweb%2FHttpOp.html&usg=AFQjCNE2zmQ-YEwNfBnInQvfXYXFTtW9lA&sig2=kmTPki3dgNKjoYNd-Mbnug
)

I guess this is somehow related to the apikey.
Does the endpoint support queries embedded  in Http Post?

Cheers
Simona

Simona Colucci, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Politecnico di Bari
Department of Electrical andInformation Engineering
Information Systems <http://sisinflab.poliba.it/> Research Group
*Address*: via E. Orabona, 4 - 70125 Bari
*Tel:*  + 39 080 596 3641
*Fax*: + 39 080 596 3410