[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Chao-Kung Chen

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Mon Feb 13 10:18:35 PST 2017

Hello Chao-Kung,

On Feb 13, 2017, at 7:59 AM, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:

Name: Chao-Kung Chen

Email: ckchen at ebi.ac.uk<mailto:ckchen at ebi.ac.uk>

Location: http%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org<http://2Fbioportal.bioontology.org>%2Fontologies%2FMESH

Feedback:

Dear support desk:

Our group from the European bioinformatics institute is trying to map MESH terms to mammalian phenotype ontology.
It is exciting to find that BioPortal has already done lots of stuff on this kind of mapping.
I wonder if there is a flatfile that users can download?

Currently we don’t make mappings available as a flat file download.  You can read about the reason for this in a previous post on our support list:

http://ncbo-support.2288202.n4.nabble.com/bioontology-support-Downloading-Mappings-in-Bulk-td4655255.html#a4655269

You can however, retrieve all mappings between the MESH and MP ontologies via our REST API, e.g.:

http://data.bioontology.org/mappings?ontologies=MESH,MP

The results default to JSON format.  If you want XML, you can use the “format" query string parameter.  Our REST API is documented here:

http://data.bioontology.org/documentation