[bioontology-support] Search by code from REST API

Michael Dorf mdorf at stanford.edu
Tue Feb 28 17:22:26 PST 2017

Hi Koray,

Thank you for contacting us. I’m not sure whether I understood you entirely, but BioPortal allows searching by the full term id, and you can always limit the search by the ontology acronym (to eliminate instances of the same term in other ontologies:

http://bioportal.bioontology.org/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fbhi.washington.edu%2FOPB%23OPB_00340&ontologies=OPB<http://bioportal.bioontology.org/search?q=http://bhi.washington.edu/OPB#OPB_00340&ontologies=OPB>

The equivalent API search is (you’ll need to add your apikey parameter):

http://data.bioontology.org/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fbhi.washington.edu%2FOPB%23OPB_00340&ontologies=OPB<http://data.bioontology.org/search?q=http://bhi.washington.edu/OPB#OPB_00340&ontologies=OPB>

At the moment we don’t allow searches by the short IDs (i.e. OPB_00340).

Thanks!

Michael