[bioontology-support] ATC / bioportal

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Jan 11 12:04:40 PST 2017

Hello Olga,

On Jan 11, 2017, at 7:18 AM, Olga Ximena Giraldo <oxgiraldo at gmail.com<mailto:oxgiraldo at gmail.com>> wrote:

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you very much for your detailed answer.
‪
As for SNOMED, I am having a similar line of inquiry with respect to SNOMED. I am not 100% if SNOMED is transformed/imported in Bioportal from UMLS; or if you at Bioportal take SNOMED from somewhere else (where).

We import SNOMED from the UMLS.  One way to check this in BioPortal is to navigate to the ontology summary page [1] and look at the “License Information" field in the “Details” section.  If the ontology was imported from the UMLS, the license field will contain the following text: "This ontology is made available via the UMLS”.

Jennifer

[1] http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/SNOMEDCT