[bioontology-support] Downloading Mappings in Bulk

Erik Fäßler erik.faessler at uni-jena.de
Thu Jan 26 01:48:06 PST 2017

Dear Bio-Ontologies Team,

I have been downloading and extracting class names from the original ontology files, circumventing the classes/ endpoint, thanks to your help.

Now I’d also be interested into the mappings. Currently, I still use the REST API to get the mappings. This causes a lot of paging on your side and slows things done significantly for ontologies with many mappings.
Is there a way to get some kind of mapping files, containing many mappings in one large chunk? This would speed up downloading for me, avoid gateway timeouts, which I experienced in the past, and probably even reduce the load on your servers. Is there a good way?

Best,

Erik