[bioontology-support] Question about technical requirements to submit ontology

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Tue Jun 6 11:20:22 PDT 2017

Hello Dawid,

BioPortal allows for uploads of ontologies developed in OWL, OBO, or SKOS format.

You can submit a new ontology via the BioPortal user interface, by clicking the “Submit New Ontology” button on the Browse page (http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/).

The CPT ontology currently in BioPortal (http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/CPT) was imported from the UMLS (https://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/). The UMLS publishes releases twice per year, and we have a special process for importing their data. We convert from UMLS format to RDF using our own custom scripts (available in our GitHub repository: https://github.com/ncbo/umls2rdf).

Not sure if that information helps?