[bioontology-support] Need some information

Michael Dorf mdorf at stanford.edu
Mon Jun 12 11:27:42 PDT 2017

Hi Sara,

The search service queries the term data based on the following sequence (in order of preference):

1. Match on the term id
2. Exact match on the prefLabel
3. Best match on the prefLabel
4. Exact match on one of the synonyms
5. Best match on one of the synonyms
6. Match on fields “cui” or “notation”.

We don’t match on definitions. There is a parameter that allows to narrow search results to those that include definitions (&require_definitions=true).

The exact code responsible for this logic is here:

https://github.com/ncbo/ontologies_api/blob/master/helpers/search_helper.rb#L114

Hope this helps!

Michael