[bioontology-support] Question on NCBO API Usage policies

Daniel Dopp danieldopp at outlook.com
Thu Jun 15 11:17:38 PDT 2017

Hello,

My name is Daniel Dopp, I’m an undergraduate researcher working on a Bioinformatics project for Montana State University. For this project we need to annotate roughly 4.4 million document abstracts and would like to use the NCBO Annotator API to do so. As this is quite a few documents and therefore quite a few API calls I would like to know what if any limit there is on API requests per second so that we can limit the speed at which our program runs and avoid any unreasonable load upon your servers.

Thank you,

  *   Daniel Dopp