[bioontology-support] Question on NCBO API Usage policies

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Thu Jun 15 13:26:21 PDT 2017

Daniel,

Thanks for your interest in using BIoPortal, and your attention to these concerns!

The enforced limit is 15 requests per second.

Depending on the size of the abstract and the existing system load, even this amount may overwhelm the system if you are not monitoring thread completion, limiting your backlog, and yielding the system intermittently for other users. (Specifying specific ontologies that you want to use for your annotations may also speed things up considerably.) If you would like to coordinate this further with us, please feel free to contact me offline.

John