[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from nlorimer

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Fri Jun 16 13:27:22 PDT 2017

Hi Nancy,

On Jun 16, 2017, at 1:05 PM, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:

Name: nlorimer

Email: nlorimer at stanford.edu<mailto:nlorimer at stanford.edu>

Location: http%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org<http://2Fbioportal.bioontology.org>%2Fontologies%2FPMO

Feedback:

Hi, I tried way to early on to load the Performed Music Ontology (part of the LD4P project in the libraries). It never did load properly.

I looked at the PMO ontology in BioPortal. The ontology never loaded because the URL specified in the “Load from URL” section resolves to a 404 error. If you’d like BioPortal to load your ontology from a URL, the URL must point to the exact location of the file (with the file name included). I noticed that PMO has a viewing restriction of private. You’re welcome to send us the correct URL via private email (vendetti at stanford.edu<http://stanford.edu>). We could enter it on your behalf and reprocess the ontology. Alternatively, you could navigate to your ontology summary page and click the “Edit submission information” link to show the form that would allow you to enter a valid file location.

I'd like to get rid of it and start again in the Biblio slice. Could you just delte this for me?

We can add ontologies to a slice retroactively after they’ve been created in BioPortal. Would you like us to assist you in resolving the loading issue and add PMO to the Biblio slice? I think we can repair the current entry without needing to do a deletion.