[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from shaker

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Mon Jun 19 18:21:23 PDT 2017

Hello Dr. El-Sappagh,

I looked at the SCTO ontology, and it failed to parse in our system because an annotation property (with label ‘the same as’) was declared with an invalid character in the last fragment of the IRI.

Here is the annotation declaration that caused the parsing issue:

<Declaration>
  <AnnotationProperty IRI="#DTO:0001709”/>
</Declaration>

The colon character isn’t valid in this setting. I submitted a new copy of your ontology where all occurrences of DTO:0001709 are replaced with DTO_0001709. I’ve attached a diff file in the event you want an exact record of the modifications. You can also download this latest submission from the ontology summary page (http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/SCTO).

Your ontology is now fully parsed and available in BioPortal.

Jennifer