[bioontology-support] Excluding some ontologies.

Vincent Emonet vincent.emonet at lirmm.fr
Wed Jun 21 01:37:09 PDT 2017

Hi Sara,

There are multiple options to do this:

  * You can use the search ontology filter ( Advanced options >
    Ontologies ). The "Select from list" interface helps you filter the
    ontologies you want to use (by selecting a whole group or category)

  * If you are always using the same ontologies, you can filter them in
    the portal by setting a "Custom Ontology Set" on your account: the
    portal will only use the ontologies you selected and hide all others

  * You also can create a slice, a subdomain of the BioPortal services
    where only a specific set of ontologies are used (i.e.:
    http://umls.bioportal.bioontology.org )

  * On our side we recently made some changes to better handle language
    in BioPortal. We only index properties from selected languages (so
    if the portal is set as "french", then it will not index properties
    that have the english language tag)

Have a nice day,

Vincent