[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Taryn Stoffs

Samson Tu swt at stanford.edu
Thu Jun 22 11:51:01 PDT 2017

Hi,

I don’t think this is an out-of-date problem. The discrepancy is between ICD-10 (R07.4 for Chest Pain, Unspecified) and ICD-10 CM (R07.9 for the same condition).

Very interesting. I didn’t know that there can be such discrepancy  between ICD-10 and ICD-10 CM.

With best regards,
Samson

> On Jun 22, 2017, at 10:56 AM, support at bioontology.org wrote:
>
> Name: Taryn Stoffs
>
> Email: tls at ufl.edu
>
> Location: https%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org%2F
>

> Feedback:
>
> I am the REDCap Admin at U.F. A user has noticed a discrepancy in the ICD10 codes provided by your website's API. They believe the ICD10 codes are not up-to-date.
>
> When they enter a diagnosis, for example, “Chest Pain, Unspecified” the ICD 10 Code in EPIC shows R07.9 for this diagnosis, but the bioportal lookup comes up with R07.4
>
> Are there plans to update the ICD10 codes in the near future?

Samson Tu                                                      email: swt at stanford.edu
Senior Research Engineer                              web: www.stanford.edu/~swt/
Center for Biomedical Informatics Research 	phone: 1-650-725-3391
Stanford University                                          fax: 1-650-725-7944