Search Mailing List Archives


Limit search to: Subject & Body Subject Author
Sort by: Reverse Sort
Limit to: All This Week Last Week This Month Last Month
Select Date Range     through    

[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from fennie liang

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 7 19:04:24 PST 2017


Hello Fennie,

I’ve been looking at the code for the NCBO Ontology Tree Widget [1] today and I’m not able to reproduce the mixed content errors you reported.  The code for this widget does check for protocols and uses either http or https appropriately, as far as I can tell.

I created a public JSFiddle that demonstrates how to use the widget [2].  All JSFiddles are served over HTTPS.  Below is a screenshot of interacting with the tree with the developer console open.  I configured the tree to use the ICD10 ontology, searched for the diabetes mellitus class, selected and expanded nodes - all without mixed content errors.



[cid:30221196-DCED-4E74-8534-3981A53E1092 at stanford.edu]


I also tried debugging your code using the browser’s developer tools, but the code errors out before I can reproduce any mixed content errors.  This is the console output from your code (in Chrome):

Uncaught TypeError: newTree.changeOntology is not a function
    at HTMLHeadingElement.<anonymous> ((index):134)
    at HTMLHeadingElement.handle (jquery.js:5460)
    at HTMLHeadingElement.dispatch (jquery.js:5095)
    at HTMLHeadingElement.elemData.handle (jquery.js:4766)

If you could get your code to work without exceptions, I could perhaps assist further.

Kind regards,
Jennifer

[1] https://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/Ontology_Widgets#NCBO_Ontology_Tree_Widget
[2] https://jsfiddle.net/jvendetti/bjtcd6xy/




On Mar 7, 2017, at 4:37 AM, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:


Name: fennie liang

Email: fennie.liang at kcl.ac.uk<mailto:fennie.liang at kcl.ac.uk>

Location: http%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org<http://2Fbioportal.bioontology.org>%2F

Feedback:

I used Bioportal tree widget in my application see https://metmaps.hscr.kcl.ac.uk/MeTMapS/
on the website you can 1. enter diabetes mellitus then click on Read CTV2, Read V3 (RCD) and ICD10, then click on search button. Wait until the spinner finish to have a set of results shown. Then click on the first one it should have a subtree shown underneath the title (here is the tree widget's part) then click on the + icon to open the tree. However, because the returned data is using "http:" link, therefore the tree won't open as browsers see the returned data as from an insecure site. Would you or can I change the returned data as a "https:" link to solve this problem.

_______________________________________________
bioontology-support mailing list
bioontology-support at lists.stanford.edu<mailto:bioontology-support at lists.stanford.edu>
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/bioontology-support

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/bioontology-support/attachments/20170308/24b25d62/attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Screenshot 2017-03-07 18.49.09.png
Type: image/png
Size: 403262 bytes
Desc: Screenshot 2017-03-07 18.49.09.png
URL: <http://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/bioontology-support/attachments/20170308/24b25d62/attachment-0001.png>


More information about the bioontology-support mailing list