[bioontology-support] BioPortal API changed?

Ben Leinfelder leinfelder at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Mar 8 10:13:36 PST 2017

Hello,

I'm trying to access our ontology using the API and have newly encountered an error with my API key. I thought perhaps I was issued a new key, but was unable to navigate to my account page after logging in.
Is this a known issue and is there an estimate when it will be resolved?

Thank you!
-ben

For example...

This:
https://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/ECSO/classes/http%3A%2F%2Fecoinformatics.org%2Foboe%2Foboe.1.2%2Foboe-core.owl%23MeasurementType?apikey=MY_KEY_HERE&pagesize=1000&display=prefLabel%2Cdefinition%2CsubClassOf%2ChasChildren&no_context=true

Returns this:
{
	• "status": 401,
	• "error": "You must provide a valid API Key. Your API Key can be obtained by logging in at http://bioportal.bioontology.org/account"