[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Jason

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 13 12:10:22 PDT 2017

Hi Jason, all,

We apologize for the recent outages, which we have been investigating. We are working with one of our (recently very heavy) users to try to understand what is driving the outages. (We have previously seen similar issues, and as you may know found and fixed problems that improved our reliability considerably.)

Just as a note, BioPortal does have multiple caches in the system and mirrors almost all of its machine instances.  Unfortunately, when there is an underlying problem being triggered by repeated queries, those mirrors will have the same problem, and it will be triggered as well on the mirror machines.

We will be taking action to both avoid the suspected triggers, and understand better the underlying problem. We hope our target reliability will be restored very shortly.

We appreciate your patience.

John