[bioontology-support] protein onto/inquiry

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 13 15:21:36 PDT 2017

Hello Alexander,

On Mar 13, 2017, at 3:08 PM, Alexander Garcia Castro <alexgarciac at gmail.com<mailto:alexgarciac at gmail.com>> wrote:

hi, how can we know the ontology id for the Protein Ontology? That parameter is required by the annotator, see http://data.bioontology.org/documentation#nav_annotator<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fdata.bioontology.org%2Fdocumentation%23nav_annotator&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHcr0cOERN5urEbUu4Xgb7nDKtGVw>.
We use 1347 as id for MEDLINEPLUS but cannot figure it out how we got that id. WE tried http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/PR<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fdata.bioontology.org%2Fontologies%2FPR&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHNn68Vw0x0arx3algSWJsqhICrFg> but did not see any id that looks like a number.

Apologies, as I can see that the documentation is a bit misleading for that parameter.  If you want to use the “ontologies" parameter, you need to pass one or more ontology acronyms, i.e., ontologies=ontology_acronym1,ontology_acronym2,ontology_acronymN.  An example of such a call would be as follows:

http://data.bioontology.org/annotator?text=material+entity&ontologies=PR,SNOMEDCT