[bioontology-support] Class navigation and navbar access

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 16 11:20:42 PDT 2017

Hi Vincent,

On Mar 16, 2017, at 3:32 AM, Vincent Emonet <vincent.emonet at lirmm.fr<mailto:vincent.emonet at lirmm.fr>> wrote:

Hi,

The switch to bootstrap makes BioPortal more beautiful, but some changes are not really user-friendly and make the service less comfortable to use

  *   Putting Ontology browser, search, annotator navbar into a "Tools" dropdown forces the user to do one more click to access those really used links.

If this is not working well for you, please let us know what your suggested alternative design would be.  Since you mentioned Bootstrap - I assume you’re familiar with their various screen size options - even better would be to tell us what screen size you most often work in, and what sort of design you’d like to see for the menu items for the various Bootstrap screen sizes.

  *   Putting the class details (http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/CPT/?p=classes&conceptid=root ) at the bottom of the screen, instead of right, makes the div harder to see. Meanwhile the right part of the screen is unused

This is a bug.  We have not yet modified the code for the ontology summary page, nor the classes, properties, notes pages, etc. to layout UI components in the Bootstrap grid.  We’re working on it.