[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from david.geleta

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 27 15:22:03 PDT 2017

Hi David,

On Mar 27, 2017, at 7:37 AM, David Geleta <david.geleta at babylonhealth.com<mailto:david.geleta at babylonhealth.com>> wrote:

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for your prompt reply, it was very helpful.

I have one more question as it is rather difficult to find an example, what is the tag used in the served JSON within the “collection" array for
owl:ObjectProperty, owl:DatatypeProperty, owl:Individual;  for classes it is “classes”.

To retrieve properties, you can use the “display” parameter, e.g.:

http://data.bioontology.org/mappings?ontologies=GO-PLUS%2CRH-MESH&display=properties<http://data.bioontology.org/mappings?ontologies=GO-PLUS,RH-MESH&display=properties>

They will show up under the “properties” tag:

[cid:EB0E15CC-53F6-4B5E-9F14-93A9CA76F5B0 at stanford.edu]

Individuals are made available via the “instances” hypermedia link.  Each class has a “links” section where you’ll see the instances link:

[cid:BC721703-50EB-4D18-B21B-9C704D359D53 at stanford.edu]

Also, I have noticed that some mapping sets contain empty pages (i.e. “collection": [ ]“), for example pages 90-1007, see
http://data.bioontology.org/mappings?ontologies=GO-PLUS%2CRH-MESH&page=90<http://data.bioontology.org/mappings?ontologies=GO-PLUS,RH-MESH&page=90>

We looked at this a bit this morning.  It appears that the mapping data is returned properly, but there’s an issue with how the total page counts are calculated.  I’ve entered an issue in our tracker for this:

https://github.com/ncbo/goo/issues/94

Apologies for this inconvenience.