[bioontology-support] skos:exactMatch

sherin yangxl74 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 19:45:38 PDT 2017

Hello,

We are building a translation ontology of HPO  in Chinese. We hope we can
use skos:exactMatch to construct the mapping relationship between the
corresponding classes from Chinese HPO and English HPO. And the mapping
relationship between different languages could be provided by  NCBO
BioPortal API.

 We have two methods to resolve this problem:
(1) We can write the match relationship into the owl file of Chinese HPO.
But we found the NCBO BioPortal could not build the mapping relationship
between two HPOs. We don't know whether NCBO BioPortal support to extract
such kind of mapping relationship automatically.

(2)We can build the mapping relationship using "create new mapping" on NCBO
Bioportal. Would you please tell me we could finish the task by programming
method?

Best wishes,

Xiaolin