[bioontology-support] skos:exactMatch

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 28 09:03:40 PDT 2017

Hello Xiaolin,

On Mar 27, 2017, at 7:45 PM, sherin <yangxl74 at gmail.com<mailto:yangxl74 at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hello,

We are building a translation ontology of HPO  in Chinese. We hope we can
use skos:exactMatch to construct the mapping relationship between the
corresponding classes from Chinese HPO and English HPO. And the mapping
relationship between different languages could be provided by  NCBO
BioPortal API.

We have two methods to resolve this problem:
(1) We can write the match relationship into the owl file of Chinese HPO.
But we found the NCBO BioPortal could not build the mapping relationship
between two HPOs. We don't know whether NCBO BioPortal support to extract
such kind of mapping relationship automatically.

(2)We can build the mapping relationship using "create new mapping" on NCBO
Bioportal. Would you please tell me we could finish the task by programming
method?

You can create mappings via the BioPortal REST API (http://data.bioontology.org/documentation#Mapping).

We have some example code in our GitHub repository for generating mappings programmatically (written in Java):

https://github.com/ncbo/ncbo_rest_sample_code/blob/master/java/src/CreateMapping.java