[bioontology-support] Errors when logged in; "recently viewed"

Michelle Futornick futo at stanford.edu
Fri Mar 31 11:17:57 PDT 2017

(1) Errors when logged in, but not when using BioPortal without logging in.

I've been doing a lot of browsing in BioPortal. Often I get the error:

"We're sorry but something has gone wrong. We have been notified of this error."

or

"Problem retrieving classes"

I seem to get these errors when I'm logged in to BioPortal, but not when I use BioPortal without logging in. This is an observation but I haven't rigorously tested it, but maybe it will help you diagnose what's going on.

This morning I got the error "We're sorry but something has gone wrong. We have been notified of this error" upon login.

My userid is "michelle"

I'm using a Mac, both Safari and Firefox.

(2) The "Recently viewed" list in the search box: I expected it to show me everything I recently viewed when logged in, but it seems to be limited to the ontologies I viewed on a particular browser. So my Firefox "recently viewed" is different from my Safari "recently viewed", even when logged in to the same account on both browsers. Is this as designed?

Thank you!

Michelle Futornick

Stanford University Libraries