[bioontology-support] New ontology submission - file upload error

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Mon May 8 16:34:51 PDT 2017

Hello Jade,

I found two issues that prevented your ontology from parsing in BioPortal:

1).  The pull URL was specified incorrectly (pointing to an HTML page on GitHub rather than the ontology source file).

2).  Seven occurrences of invalid values in xml:lang attributes.

I downloaded your ontology file from GitHub and corrected the xml:lang attributes in my local copy.  I created a new submission for your ontology (with all the same metadata, except that I specified a file upload instead of a pull URL).  The corrected ontology file parsed successfully and is now fully available for you to browse in BioPortal [1].

I noticed that you specified a viewing restriction of “private”, so I’ll contact you off the support list with more specific information with regard to fixing your ontology.

[1] http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/SCDO