[bioontology-support] Versioning Question

jason marr jmarr1990 at gmail.com
Thu May 11 06:32:38 PDT 2017

I see there are multiple versions of the NCIT ontology show by using the
following query:
"PREFIX omv: <http://omv.ontoware.org/2005/05/ontology#>

SELECT ?ont ?name ?acr
WHERE {
?ont a omv:Ontology .
?ont omv:acronym ?acr .
?ont omv:name ?name .
  FILTER regex(?name,  "NCI")
}"

I'm assuming the results returned by that are simply the versioned
ontologies highest number being the newest. But when to query the NCIT
ontology I use:
"
FROM <http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/NCIT>
"
So my question is does that ^^ route to the latest revision of NCIT? or are
the versions returned in first query outdated and NCIT resolves to the
latest? I don't see anything in the doc about this.

Thanks for the clarification,
Jason