[bioontology-support] Versioning Question

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Thu May 11 12:31:29 PDT 2017

Hi Jason,

I assume you’re referring to the BioPortal SPARQL endpoint?  We published that as a beta service several years ago, but haven’t had the resources to keep the data up-to-date.

Alternatively, we actively maintain a REST API for accessing the most recent BioPortal data.  You can find information about the various submissions of NCIT using this call:

http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/NCIT/submissions

The highest ID is the latest submission.  Or, you can see information about the latest submission using this call:

http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/NCIT/latest_submission

Any other calls you make to retrieve NCIT content are executed against data from the latest submission, e.g.:

http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/NCIT/classes

… retrieves class data from the latest submission.

The REST API is documented here:

http://data.bioontology.org/documentation