[bioontology-support] annotator

Clement Jonquet jonquet at lirmm.fr
Fri May 12 17:12:39 PDT 2017

Hi Alexander,

Clement Jonquet, Nigam H. Shah & Mark A. Musen. The Open Biomedical Annotator, In American Medical Informatics Association Symposium on Translational BioInformatics, AMIA-TBI'09. San Francisco, CA, USA, March 2009. pp. 56-60.

Nigam H. Shah, Nipun Bhatia, Clement Jonquet, Daniel L. Rubin, Annie P. Chiang & Mark A. Musen. Comparison of concept recognizers for building the Open Biomedical Annotator, BMC Bioinformatics. September 2009. Vol. 10 (9:S14), BMC.

There was several comparison study since 2009 into which the Annotator is usually ranked “in the middle”… mostly because there was no big improvements into it since then. But it stays a service pretty much used !

https://academic.oup.com/jamia/article/22/1/121/834418/Functional-evaluation-of-out-of-the-box-text

https://bmcbioinformatics.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-2105-15-59

https://bmcbioinformatics.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-2105-15-59

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S153204641100058X

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/6732541/?reload=true

https://academic.oup.com/database/article/doi/10.1093/database/bau045/2634335/Automated-semantic-annotation-of-rare-disease

We are working in France on a French version now:

http://bioportal.lirmm.fr/annotator

And at the same time we try to add a few feature in a proxy service that call the NCBO Annotator:

http://bioportal.lirmm.fr/ncbo_annotatorplus

(might be not working recently has we are pushing feature into prod… but try later in case)

Clement