[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Jim Van Dyke

Samson Tu swt at stanford.edu
Wed May 17 17:10:36 PDT 2017

NDF-RT (National Drug File - Reference Terminology). Not sure about its relationship to NDC.

With best regards,
Samson

> On May 17, 2017, at 4:42 PM, David A Stumpf <david at stumpf.org> wrote:
>
>  NRF RT is a VA curated ontology that roll ups NDC codes into higher order terms like drug class ... beta blocker, etc.
>
> _____________________
> David A Stumpf, MD, PhD
> Sent from my iPad
>

> _____________________
> David A Stumpf, MD, PhD
> Sent from my iPad
> On May 17, 2017, at 18:09, Jennifer Leigh Vendetti <vendetti at stanford.edu <mailto:vendetti at stanford.edu>> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jim,
>>
>> I’m not sure I understood exactly what you want to do.  I’m also not familiar with NRF_RT (I couldn’t find an ontology with that acronym in BioPortal).
>>
>> With regard to NDDF, are you trying to find classes that have an NDC property with a particular value?  If so, you could do something like this:
>>
>> http://data.bioontology.org/search?q=66336058120&also_search_properties=true&include=prefLabel,properties <http://data.bioontology.org/search?q=66336058120&also_search_properties=true&include=prefLabel,properties>
>>
>> The “/search” portion refers to our term search endpoint.  I used an NDC code for the search term, and I added the “also_search_properties” parameter, which means that both classes and property values will be searched.  The “include” parameter at the end just specifies what data you want as part of the return value.
>>
>> This portion of our API is documented here:
>>
>> http://data.bioontology.org/documentation#nav_search <http://data.bioontology.org/documentation#nav_search>
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Jennifer
>>

>>> On May 17, 2017, at 9:31 AM, support at bioontology.org <mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Name: Jim Van Dyke
>>>
>>> Email: jvandyke1113 at gmail.com <mailto:jvandyke1113 at gmail.com>
>>> Location: http%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org <http://2fbioportal.bioontology.org/>%2F
>>>

>>> Feedback:
>>>
>>> I am trying to use the API to query NDDF and NRF_RT data based on an NDC code, but I could not find a parameter to submit the NDC code.
>>>
>>> Is there a paramater for passing NDC code?
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>> Jim

Samson Tu                                                      email: swt at stanford.edu
Senior Research Engineer                              web: www.stanford.edu/~swt/
Center for Biomedical Informatics Research 	phone: 1-650-725-3391
Stanford University                                          fax: 1-650-725-7944