[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Jim Van Dyke

Jim Van Dyke jvandyke1113 at gmail.com
Fri May 19 09:36:04 PDT 2017

Hello Jennifer - Thank you again for your prompt response to our question
earlier in the week.  I am at a point where we need to ask for some
assistance again with the API generation, as our developer is having
problems getting the results we are looking for.

Here is what we are trying to accomplish:

We have a series of NDC codes.  The end result we are looking for is to be
able to obtain the CUIs for  May-Treat/May-Prevent data, via NDF-RT, and
the ATC Class Level and Notation.

The we had been working through was patterned roughly on the web-site UI
flow:

Ø  Use NDC in RxNORM to navigate via the link to “consists of”

Ø  Navigate via the Consists of to get to Has_Ingredient CUI

Ø  Using the “Has_Ingredient” CUI, query ATC to get ATC LEVEL and NOTATION.

Ø  Using NDC code, query NDF-RT to navigate to ingredient level, and obtain
May-Treat and May-prevent CUIs.

Could you please let me know of the API terms or parameters we need to pass
and If there is a more direct path to get from NDC to both May-Treat and
ATC LEVEL.

Thank you for your assistance.

Kind Regards,

Jim