[bioontology-support] OBO upload, class browser issue

Benjamin Gyori benjamin_gyori at hms.harvard.edu
Mon Nov 20 07:32:18 PST 2017

Dear BioPortal developers,

I am trying to upload an ontology called Bioentities in OBO format. The
ontology contains around ~450 terms, with each term having a (1) name (2)
list of synonym strings (3) list of mappings to external ontologies (4)
list of isa / partof / inverse_isa / has_part relationships to other terms
in the same ontology and also external ontologies.

I have uploaded the OBO file, but found that even after it was parsed and
indexed, the "Classes" page returned "Problem retrieving classes". Could
you help determine how I need to modify the OBO file to work with the class
browser? I am attaching a small sample of the overall ontology for
reference. The ontology is uploaded at
http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/BE, but is currently set to
private - I can share it if it helps find the issue.

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,
Ben

---
Benjamin M. Gyori, PhD
Research Associate in Therapeutic Science
Laboratory of Systems Pharmacology
Harvard Medical School