[bioontology-support] Search with API

Aaron Zhang Aaron.Zhang at jax.org
Tue Nov 21 08:16:56 PST 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am trying to use the REST API that you provide to search for ontologies that have a class name that is the same to my query.

For example, if I search “valproic acid” through the browser (Class Search), I get matches in 26 ontologies, the names of which are what I hope to get;

[cid:image001.png at 01D362BA.3DD93300]
however, if I run the search through API with the following paramaters, I got 100,361 results. I am confused what is the dramatic difference; how can I get a REST response that more closely reassembles the browser search?

API response: {"page":1,"pageCount":20073,"totalCount":100361,"prevPage":null,"nextPage":2, …

Response response = given()
        .request().with()
            .param("apikey", api_key)
            .param("include", "prefLabel")